Next few days of things....



 February 1st - 3rd, 2023

So after leaving Rifle, CO I did arrive at Zion National Park around 10:30pm MST.  I was sort of bummed about having to drive at night, but the moon was so bright in the desert I could have driven without headlights.  So in a way I got to see an ethereal version of the world on my drive.

I am still unpacking things and figuring out work and play.  Starlink is working pretty well so far.

I got some work done Thursday morning and then got out for a mountain bike ride Thursday afternoon.   :-)

So I have checked a few things off my list.  I did not make it to St George.

Friday I left Zion and headed for the Grand Canyon.  I was a little concerned about the snow up there.  Turns out, I was partially justified.  The Mather Campground I had reserved hadn't been plowed at all.  It wasn't worth trying to get the van back up to my spot so the Village RV park was next door, plowed, available spots, and had electric hookup.  :-)  I got setup, then went for a hike along the rim trail.  

Everything about the canyon truly defies description.  It is so big you can't really see it all at once.  It is difficult to capture unless you have been there.  So many layers and levels.  The sharpness and steepness are swooning.  As you drive in you see a plain that looks like something tried to rip it in half.  Down at the edge you just feel small as you peer into the void.

So tomorrow I'll head to sedona.  A few thousand feet lower elevation, and warmer temperatures.  Looking forward to some challenging and fun slick rock riding.  :-)






























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A continuation of a story, a new chapter...